ShareBuilders is looking for a new Pricing Consultant!
Our team of Pricing Consultants interacts regularly with clients, advising broadcast sales managers on pricing best practices, revenue forecasting and inventory management. We provide full training and exceptional work- life balance. Our offices are casual, so you don’t need a separate work wardrobe, and we have regular social events that provide employees opportunities to interact in less formal ways during working hours.
As a Pricing Consultant, you will lead regular phone meetings with clients across the country. During those meetings, you will walk them through a set of steps to project revenue and monitor inventory. These calls are followed up with rate recommendations from another internal team. Beyond the normally scheduled calls, you will be expected to assist with clients’ annual budgeting and respond in a timely manner to requests for additional help or information.
You must be comfortable in the role of expert/trainer and must be able to assert yourself when necessary, pushing back diplomatically against incorrect assessments and explaining/defending your position. Most work is individual, but you will be part of our team, helping out when workload is heavy and taking on special projects (individually or as part of a team) when asked.
Experience in media or pricing is not required; we will fully train the right person.
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Analytical, fan of complex puzzles
- Ability to function autonomously—after training, most work will be self-directed; you will have a responsibility to clients to be on time and prepared for meetings but will have minimal supervision
- Comfortable using computers, navigating software, and using MS Office applications
- Comfortable talking on the phone and being in front of a computer the majority of the time
- Ability to master a broad knowledge base including software, pricing theory and understanding of the broadcast media industry
- Ability to respond to complex questions quickly but thoughtfully
- Able to present complex ideas in easy-to-understand language
Top candidates will have experience in:
- Client relationship management
- Software training
- Presenting to small groups
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimal travel, 1-2 nights per month at most on an irregular basis
- 401(k) program with 3% company match
- Optional healthcare (we cover 50% of base plan premiums for employee+family, with the option to upgrade plan)
- Optional dental (we cover 100% of premium expenses)
- 9 paid holidays and 1 floating holiday annually
- Generous vacation/sick days
- 8 work-from-home days annually
- Very casual dress code
- Individual office
Our company provides pricing solutions to Television and Radio stations. We consult and advise our clients using proprietary software to analyze media pricing behaviors. Essentially, we advise our clients on what price to charge for their commercials. We do this by gathering a large amount of data and then using our industry knowledge and software to analyze and interpret that data.
Local candidates only, please.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.